Revolutionizing the Way
Boats Are Designed and Built
Plexus "Fiberglass Fusion" Adhesives have revolutionized the way boats are designed and built. When applied to fiberglass and other composites, they dissolve a thin layer of each mating surface and actually fuse two composite surfaces into one, creating a chemically cross-linked bond so strong that the composites will delaminate before the bond fails.
In addition to unmatched bond strength, Plexus Adhesives offer:
• Flexibility to absorb vibrations and withstand stresses caused by the pounding of wind, water, and high speed on performance boats
• Excellent resistance to fuel, chemicals, UV, extreme temperatures, and repeated thermal cycling
• Design freedom to replace wood (especially below the waterline) with composites, thereby preventing rot and warranty issues
By replacing heavy, unreliable marine putties, Plexus Adhesives:
• Virtually eliminate surface preparation (no sanding, grinding, or primers required) and replace slow, labor-intensive assembly methods, reducing production times by up to 50%
• Eliminate chlorinated solvents
• Produce stronger, lighter, faster boats
By obsoleting mechanical fasteners such as bolts, rivets, and screws, Plexus Adhesives:
• Distribute loads over a much greater area
• Minimize fiberglass fatigue, wear, and failures
• Eliminate potential leak points
ITW Plexus is ISO 9001 certified. Plexus Adhesives have been tested and certified by the world's most respected marine agencies, including Lloyd's of London, Det Norsk Veritas, Icelandic, and the American Bureau of Shipping.
Contact our specialists via
Visit our video library.